Sunday, February 1

The Gringa goes back to her roots...

Yes, Yes, the gringa went back to Mexico, but she brought some peace offering gifts in the form of frenchmen!!! We all know the Spanish are to blame for taking over Mexico, sleeping with their women and multiplying the Mexican population (now you know where they picked up the habit of having so many fricken kids!) Well, you know the saying 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' ..... so I brought the mexicans some frenchmen......to kinda smoooooth things over.

Ok, whatever, it was really the family of my sugarpie, Stephane. Annnnd, they came to the US to visit my family!! (Really it was to try and get US citizenships, but they won't admit it. They heard that my family has the 'hookups' all over the place.)

So once they met my family, and didn't jump on the next plane home, I decided to go for the gold! They had to meet my Mexican family. The BBQin', Corona drinkin', tequila shootin', grito loving, taco obsessed, hugs for everyone, talk to ya til your ear falls off, and feed ya til you're torturously full......Mexican family! And they still didn't run for the Altantic Ocean.....these frenchmen are relentless! I had no more cards to throw at them, so they passed the Barretto test. They are officially Barretto material and will now be referred to as Barretto Groupies.

So here is the pictoral evidence from Mexico....the incriminating photos have been left out because I honor the "what happens in Mexico stays in Mexico....except the Mexicans" code.

My grandma grew up and spends about half the year here in El Cercado. It is about 20min south of Monterrey. This is the view of the mountains that surrounds the town and was also the background for hundreds of my extended family's conceptions.... and not mine....so stop thinking of my mom and dad doing the dirty.....
This is where my family went after their conceptual action.....
There is a famous waterfall in the town called Cola de Caballo....or Horse Tail Falls, for all you white folk out there. And this was the view on the drive up there.
Here it is....
Just Kidding.....that was my dad taking a pee....

This is it.....




It really is a sight. The photo below is a retake of one my mom and I took about 23 years ago.....back then there wasn't that many fences and obstacles so in the old photo you could see the waterfall in the background....but if you look hard enough you can still see it in the background.....( I fit a lot better in her lap back then too)
Awww.....nice photo
The stunning creators of Ceci ...
We are the Barretto's....we can't help but take strange photos and make others do it too...
They call their grandma 'Mami'......and Mami was a great sport!!
We picked this guy up at the waterfall.....he claimed he was Stephane's brother and he kinda spoke some broken french, so we let him come back with us.....
How big, how monsterous......(Im talking about the mountains)

How gorgeous, how sexy......(I'm talking about me!)
Stephane and I with our grandmothers. Mine is "Welita"...and his is "Mami"
And my youngest cousin is just a photo hog, but a cute photo hog!
The background of the neighboring town, Santiago, where our hotel was.

Big Barretto & Barretto Groupie Family Photo......say "squeeeeeeze"
Stay tuned for the post of New Years Eve!!
This is Veronique, the American formerly known as Ceci ... signing out!

No comments: